BlackStarZtudio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!)

3 posters

Go down

What is your favourite Character in Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann?

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_lcap60%Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_lcap0%Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_lcap0%Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_lcap20%Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_lcap20%Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Empty Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!)

Post  ~>Cayn<~ Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:04 pm

Herp Derp, hello there.

I watched Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, and i have never been this confused about an Anime. After they defeat the Spiral King everything keeps getting really damn strange. Its a little bit too "over the top" I think. Gurren-Lagann combines with everything there is, he keeps getting bigger and bigger, they fight some strange Phantom guy and the Anti-Spiral Race (Good name btw lol) and everything is just like..very damn Huge.

I like that Viral becomes their ally, though. It was kinda obvious I think, still was cool when he fought with Simon in Gurren-Lagann.

I kinda compare TTGL to Death Note. After they defeat the Spiral King its just weird and doesnt really match into the rest of the Anime in my opinion. The same with Death Note:
Spoiler:

What do you think about the Anime? And what are your favourite Characters?
Oh, yeah and R.I.P. Kamina Sad

Greetz, Cayn bounce
~>Cayn<~
~>Cayn<~

Back to top Go down

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Empty Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!)

Post  Mohgog Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:50 pm

That's exactly the point of the anime - being "over the top".If not, it would be quite boring,with more or less amusing animation work... Damn,where else you've seen something so epic,starting from some human-sized mechas and ending with battles where they fight by throwing whole god damn galaxies at each other! I was totally watching anime with this O____O expression.

I thought Dragon Ball had biggest scale battles where at the end Goku with just single punch could make a hole through whole planet, yet i was wrong...Gurren Lagann really blew my mind in that aspect,as it states it goes beyond any limits and shows something truly unbelievable.I'm the kind of guy who likes originality,something unusual and unseen in works and TTGL went beyond any expectations of mine.

It had lots of interesting ideas,but the most one i loved (besides "throwing galaxies battle") was the robots idea, that they got powered by their spirits,it was very original and fitted perfectly with the main concept,actually,i think,that's the reason it was so good from the first place,cuz in all others animes all MCs do is strengthen their battle skills and upgrade weapons,but here it was concentrated solely on spirit growth,their resolution,determination and that truly made it into very pumping, uplifting, shiver-giving,soul shaking work which none of other animes can't even dream to have!

Characters were really good too,Kamina's death sure was unexpected plot twist,i thought it was some kind of joke at first,lol.
I love most Simon,Kamina,Viral, Spiral King and Boota (why you didn't put him in the pool?XD) they were most badass,but in fact it's one of those animes where i liked all characters,they're all well made and fitted in.

Awesome idea and plot,awesome animation,awesome soundtrack,i've watched over 600 different animes and seen none like this,it totally has special place for me and i still rewatch it minimum every year along with my another all-time-favorite work Code Geass.Watched TTGL 7 times and CG 10 times already and still can't get tired of these masterpieces XD
Mohgog
Mohgog

Back to top Go down

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!) Empty Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (May contain Spoilers!)

Post  EnkaiHibashira Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:31 am

I didn't really like the ending...
Spoiler:
I didn't like that "over the top" thing too.They start from being underground humans and turn out to battle in the universe.Its a little too much I think.
But overall I liked it.Some very good characters,nice animation,nice battles
EnkaiHibashira
EnkaiHibashira

https://www.youtube.com/user/EnkaiHibashira?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  ~>Cayn<~ Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:12 pm

yep thats what i mean. everything is fine until they defeat the spiral king. after that its just ridicoulus. i really liked the characters, too. very nicely made. the fact that kittan is practically the same person as kamina made kaminas death not that sad ( in my opinion).
~>Cayn<~
~>Cayn<~

Back to top Go down

Post  EnkaiHibashira Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 pm

exactly..everything was great when their goal was to defeat the spiral king.After that it went a little downhill for me.I didn't really think kittan and kamina as the same person even though it was obvious they were thinking the same way (I think that kamina's death made kitan be more like kamina mostly to motivate simon in his hard times).
But come on...they both died...I mean...come on..its just...sad Sad
EnkaiHibashira
EnkaiHibashira

https://www.youtube.com/user/EnkaiHibashira?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  ~>Cayn<~ Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:11 am

yeah ok of course their deaths were both sad, but kittan acted almost the same way kamina did, thats what i mean. all the other persons that died at the end didnt really matter to me, because i didnt even know their names. they had no meaning to me. would have been cool if they would have made them stand out a little bit more.
~>Cayn<~
~>Cayn<~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down